"There is wisdom to uncover as we explore our environments, I use my art as a catalyst for discovery."
With micro-mosaics I invite you to contemplate the world around you. From a distance, my pieces may appear to be simple objects. Look closely and you will see complex matrices of hue and texture.
I often create an impression of the pattern, texture, and colors of gemstones using glass seed beads. I have developed micro-mosaic techniques to amplify a stone, inviting you to take a closer look; my micro-mosaics function as magnifying glasses. In one you may be intrigued by a red dot in a sea of blue, leading you to discover a cluster of copper in azurite. In landscape jasper, a vein of black dots through my lens becomes a line of trees and shrubs, transporting you to a minuscule desert.
•Behind the Brooch: A Closer Look at Backs, Catches, and Pin Stems, Lorena Angulo, May 2014
•Cover of Fire Mountain Gems and Beads Catalogue, 2009-2010
• Stonington Gallery, Seattle WA: multiple presentations on a variety of weaving and jewelry subjects
• Whatcom Weaver's Guild, Bellingham, WA : A Journey in Chilkat Weaving
• Peace Arch Weaver's Guild, BC: A Journey in Chilkat Weaving
• Langley Weaver's Guild, BC: A Journey in Chilkat Weaving
• Contemporary Quilt Art Association, Seattle, WA: Thinking in Color
• Northwest Bead Society, Seattle, WA: Artist Lecture
• Art Works, Grants Pass, OR: Valuing Yourself, artist panel discussion
• Hood River, OR: raven's tail weaving class
• Bellingham Metal Arts Group: micro-mosaic jewelry class
• Jansen Art Center: Aleut basket weaving and micro-mosaic jewelry classes
• Aboard MV Snowgoose in Southeast Alaska: cedar bark weaving and micro-mosaic jewelry classes
• Aboard Island Odyssey (68' ketch) in Haida Gwaii, BC: Aleut basket and raven's tail weaving classes
Lisa's Art Store; Icy Strait Point, AK
Stonington Gallery; Seattle, WA • Whatcom Museum Shop; Bellingham, WA • Gallery One; Grants Pass, OR • Artist Cove Gallery; Sitka, AK • Jansen Art Center; Lynden, WA • The Crest Gallery; Anchorage, AK • Alpaca Boutique; Gordonsville, VA • Nemo Arts; Anchorage, AK • Folk Tree Collection; Pasadena, CA • Pismo Fine Art Glass; Denver, CO • Lubeznik Center for the Arts; Michigan City, IN • Sim and Friends; Grants Pass, OR • Whimsey; Bellingham, WA • Cashmere Museum; Cashmere, WA
Collaborations with my husband, Scott Jensen.